Follow Joe as He Finds the People Who Made His Fairtrade Hoodie.
Hi, my name’s Joe!
Join me as I travel to India in February 2014 to find the people who made my Liminal Fairtrade Organic hoodie.
As part of the trip I’ll be:
- Finding the people who actually made my Liminal Apparel Fairtrade Organic hoodie
- Seeing first-hand the lives of people who make Fairtrade clothes
- Auditing the working conditions of Fairtrade and Organic-certified cotton workers
PLUS, in addition to that I’ll also be:
- Gathering information on the trip to assemble a ‘Trace My Hoodie’ Traceability System — the first of it’s kind in New Zealand!
- Once up-and-running, ‘Trace My Hoodie’ will allow any customer, via a QR code, to instantly see all of the people who made their hoodie, right from the cotton farmers to the seamstresses (See Toms Shoes’ example)
Follow my journey this summer as I travel to the true ‘coalface’ of Fairtrade, and find out whether Fairtrade really makes a difference in the Developing World.
- 5 week journey across India, from 22 February to 1 April 2014
- Visiting and documenting Liminal Apparel’s entire Fairtrade Organic supply chain across India
- Researching and creating NZ’s first ‘Traceable Fashion Garment’, a Liminal Apparel hoodie
- All funds raised, however much, will go to meeting the travel costs of the trip
Impact of the Trip.
- Will create New Zealand’s first fully Traceable Fashion Garment — from cotton farmer in India to the retailer in New Zealand
- Auditing one of New Zealand’s premiere Fairtrade Organic clothing brands
Ways You Can Help.
I simply won’t be able to do this alone. Here’s a couple of way’s you can get involved:
- Make a donation
- Follow the journey on my blog (coming soon)
- Share the blog with your friends